Visit Lake Biao
Lake Biao should be another wonder of the world. It is a place you need to include in your travel bucket list, about 30 minutes from Riaba and approximately 1 hour from Malabo by car; you can find it at the south of the island of Bioko. Lake Biao is one of the few lakes that sits on the crater of a volcano. It was considered a sanctuary and retreat for the great Bubis priests.
The journey from Moka to the lake is simply spectacular. A 3 hours jungle journey and expired that would have you feeling like a documentary explorer. We expect the ride a bit challenging. It is necessary to bring a lot of water for hydration and protein-based foods for energy for the trip.
During the exploration, we would preview a mixture of plains, ferns, and trees until we reach the beautiful crater of the lake. In the early mornings, depending on the time we depart, you will be able to see endemic birds, as well as monkeys.
- Total: 5-6 hours (drive included)
- 3 hours of hiking
- It includes breakfast and plenty of water.
- In this excursion, you will find a mixture of sensations. You will observe plains, ferns, and trees until you reach the viewpoint of the beautiful crater of the lake.
- You will have the possibility to observe endemic birds and monkeys in a wild state.
- Fun and knowledge of the forest in equal parts.
- Local guide expert in the field
What should I bring to this activity?
- Hiking boots.
- Long and light pants.
- Plenty of water