Secrets of Bioko
Located northwest of the continental zone Bioko Island is the main island of Equatorial Guinea. The country’s capital Malabo situated in the north part of the island.
To discover the depths of Bioko Island, we recommend our client’s favourite package. We will tour the island, and discover the islands most beautiful hidden treasures.
- Welcome to Malabo! Pick up from Malabo International Airport and Transfer to chosen accommodation.
- Quiet breakfast to gather strength, our first-day trip is to Luba, a coastal town south of the city of Malabo. We will take you to the beautiful bay where Count Arjelejos took possession of the island in the name of Spain in 1778.
- If you are Looking for hidden beaches? Here we have them; we will stop at Arena Blanca beach, the perfect meeting weekend spot for Malabo’s locals.
- We will also visit the largest waterfalls in the country with a drop of more than 200 meters! The famous Ilachi waterfalls.
- We will then return to Malabo and for free time to explore the city.
- Do you want to visit the highest point in the island? Then let us check out Basilé peak, three thousand meters above sea level. Today we will take you to the town; we will have a panoramic view of the city of Malabo and Mount Cameroon.
- Later, we shall relax in Sipopo City with a tranquil walk on the Horacio islet, enjoying; as a result haven of peace. Prepare your camera to snap the most exciting shots and become the envy of your friends.
- Once relaxed, we will return to the city of Malabo and enjoy a free restful afternoon.
- Have you ever wondered how we make the most delicious chocolate? Finca de Sampaka has been cultivating cocoa traditionally since 1906; we will try the various chocolate tablets created for different palates from the sweetest to the bitterest taste.
- The movie “Palmeras en la nieve” was partly filmed here in Finca Sampaka. If you like chocolate, you could take it as a souvenir.
- Next visit, will be the promenade! And then Malabo’s National Park will be next, where we will enjoy and a multitude of various local trees, and art from Guinean authors.
- The rest of the day off we will leave you to explore the park on your own or learn the secrets of the city.
- After breakfast, we take you to the most mystical and “haunted” place on Bioko Island, Lake Biao (Lake Moka), the cradle of the Bubi people. What happens to an inactive volcano when it rains? It is flooded and offers us spectacular views of both the fauna and the virgin flora.
- After the walk, we will return to Malabo and let you rest the rest of the day; tomorrow it promises to be busy.
- Today is shopping day! Do you want to experience how the locals live? We will visit Semu Market, the largest in the city, where you can find everything, an excellent option for gift shopping for loved ones.
- Central market one of our stops today! , the oldest in the city. Through its narrow paths, you will know first-hand the local environment and why not, take a piece of Equatorial Guinea to your homes.
- We promise that the day will be hard, so we will reward you with the rest of the day off to rest. And you will need it because tomorrow is a big day
- Do you want real adventure? Today is the day, Ureka is the place to be. Magnificent walk along a virgin beach. Different rivers will cross while hearing the sounds of nature spawned with giant tortoises (depending on the dates).
- A pleasant walk, beach barbecue with an overnight stay in tents so we can admire the stars.
- Sunrise breakfast on the beach after taking a bath with the lights of dawn. Back to the city of Malabo.
- Once in town, the last chance to do some shopping in the city.
- Sadly we will say goodbye here. We are sure you will have enjoyed it as much as we have. We will take you to the airport, and we will do all the necessary procedures for you. And most importantly, we will be waiting for your return.
- 9 days
- We will explore unspoilt and hidden beaches like Arena Blanca, Playa de Los Franceses, to mentions a few.
- Enjoy the beauty of Ilachi waterfalls
- Enjoy the views of Pico Basilé
- Finca Sampaka with the most beautiful 100% national chocolate factory
- Dive into Semu market
- Learn about the history and secrets of the City of Malabo.
- Tour the beautiful waterfalls of Ureka with its endless beaches.
What is included?
- Eight days of accommodation and breakfast included.
- Documentation is necessary to obtain the visa.
- Pick up and drop off at Malabo International Airport.
- All entrances to national parks
- Photographic and tourist permits.
what is NOT included?
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Any item not included earlier