Islands of Equatorial Guinea
The tour was designed for people interested in discovering all the secrets of Bioko Island and the mystery of Annobon Island. As an adventure service provider, Rumbo Malabo allows you to feel and live ten days just like the locals do.
During your stay, you will visit, explore and step in places few have seen and discovered to date. And most importantly, we will make your trip a wonderful experience, continuously providing to all your needs
- Welcome to Malabo! We will be waiting for you at the airport, and we will take you to the accommodation you have chosen.
- Have a quiet breakfast and gather strength because the first day is the excursion to Luba, a coastal town south of Malabo. We will take you to the beautiful bay where Count Arjelejos took possession of the Island in the name of Spain in 1778.
- Are you looking for hidden beaches? Here we have them; we will stop at the Arena Blanca beach, a meeting place for the inhabitants of Malabo during the weekends.
- Hey! The visit does not end here. We will take you to the largest waterfalls in the country with a drop of more than 200 meters! The famous Ilachi waterfalls.
- We will return to Malabo, and we will leave the rest of the day free to explore the city.
- At this point, you will wonder what the highest point seen from any part of the city is? It is the Basilé peak, which is more than 3,000 meters above sea level. Today we will take you to the town, where you will have a panoramic view of the city of Malabo and Mount Cameroon.
- Later, it will be time to relax in Sipopo city with a walk on the islet of Horacio, where you will enjoy a haven of peace. Prepare your camera because you will be the envy of your friends.
- Once relaxed, we will return to the city of Malabo and leave the rest of the afternoon free to enjoy the city.
- On the fourth day, we will sweeten your visit. Have you ever wondered how we make chocolate? We will show how to do it at Finca Sampaka, a typical estate. “Palm trees in the snow the movie was filmed right here in Sampaka. They have been cultivating cocoa traditionally since 1906, and you will be one of the chosen ones to try its different varieties. If you like one, you can take it as a souvenir.
- Then we will visit the most beautiful and recent places in the city, such as the seafront and the Malabo National Park. In the park, you can admire a vast number of local trees, as well as works of art by Guinean authors—a well-kept treasure.
- The rest of the day off, we will leave you to explore the park on your own or learn the city’s secrets.
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live on an island in the middle of the Atlantic? The island of Annobón is one of them. You will have the chance to experience the day-to-day lifestyle of an angler.
- The journey lasts one h and 40 min. Once we arrive in Annobón, we will let you familiarize yourself with the neighborhood and enjoy its beaches.
- After breakfast, the local guide (if you need one) will take us to explore and encounter the beauty of all the hidden places. Do you know where the city’s drinking water originates? We will take you to Mazafim Lake to discover it for yourself.
- After the ride, you deserve a break. And we will achieve that in the other part of the island in the so-called coves of love—a beautiful place to immortalize the trip to the island with its crystal-clear water and natural rocks.
- The return flight from Annobón to Malabo takes off in the morning; we check you in while you enjoy a last bit of the morning sun at the beach morning.
- Upon arrival in Malabo, we leave the afternoon free for you to rest. To prepare for the next day’s intensive itinerary, you will need to recharge your energy.
- After breakfast, we take you to the most mystical and “haunted” place on Bioko Island, Lake Biao (Lake Moka), the cradle of Bubi people. What happens to an inactive volcano when it rains? It floods, offering us spectacular views of both fauna and virgin flora.
- After the walk, we will return to Malabo and let you rest the rest of the day; tomorrow, it promises to be busy.
- Do you want adventure? We will take you to Ureka. You will experience magnificent walks along virgin beaches with different rivers intercept. You will hear the sounds of the jungle and nature alongside the spawning of giant tortoises (depending on the dates).
- It is a beautiful walk, and after that, it’s time to enjoy a barbecue on the beach. It will be overnight in tents on the beach, and you can admire the stars. Enjoy because we will return the next day.
- Breakfast and sunrise on the beach, and after making a splash with the lights of the dawn, we cannot leave you here, and there we will start our way back to the city of Malabo.
- Once in town, last afternoon free to finish buying last-minute gifts before going home.
- We promise that the day will be hard, so we will reward you with the rest of the day off to rest.
- Do you want to feel and learn how the locals live? Today is shopping day. We will visit the largest market in the city named Semu Market, where you can find everything your heart may desire for yourself and your family.
- And here, the day does not end! We will also visit the central market, the oldest in the city. Through its narrow paths, you will know firsthand the local environment and, why not, take a piece of Equatorial Guinea to your homes.
- Unfortunately, we will say goodbye here. We are sure you will have enjoyed it as much as we have. We will take you to the Malabo International Airport, and we will do all the necessary procedures for you. And most importantly, we will be waiting for your return.
- 12 days
- Accommodation for 11 nights with breakfast included.
- Documents necessary to obtain the visa.
- Pick up and drop off at Malabo International Airport.
- All entrances to national parks
- Photographic and tourist permits.
- Transport the Malabo-Annobon regional flight
- Transport from the hotel to the starting point of any tour.
What is NOT included?
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Any other item we did not mention earlier.