Islands of Equatorial Guinea
This tour is designed for those who want to discover all the secrets of Bioko Island, the main island of Equatorial Guinea, and Corisco Island, one of the least known.
Rumbo Malabo gives you the opportunity to feel and experience firsthand the life in the region. In these twelve days, you will visit the island like few people have done before, discovering unknown places for the majority of the population.
And most importantly, we will make your trip a unique and personal experience.
- Welcome to Malabo! We will be waiting for you at the airport, and we will take you to the accommodation you have chosen.
- Have a quiet breakfast and gather strength because the first day is the excursion to Luba, a coastal town south of Malabo. We will take you to the beautiful bay where Count Arjelejos took possession of the Island in the name of Spain in 1778.
- Are you looking for hidden beaches? Here we have them; we will stop at the Arena Blanca beach, a meeting place for the inhabitants of Malabo during the weekends.
- Hey! The visit does not end here. We will take you to the largest waterfalls in the country with a drop of more than 200 meters! The famous Ilachi waterfalls.
- We will return to Malabo, and we will leave the rest of the day free to explore the city.
- At this point, you will wonder what the highest point seen from any part of the city is? It is the Basilé peak, which is more than 3,000 meters above sea level. Today we will take you to the town, where you will have a panoramic view of the city of Malabo and Mount Cameroon.
- Later, it will be time to relax in Sipopo city with a walk on the islet of Horacio, where you will enjoy a haven of peace. Prepare your camera because you will be the envy of your friends.
- Once relaxed, we will return to the city of Malabo and leave the rest of the afternoon free to enjoy the city.
- On the fourth day, we will sweeten your visit. Have you ever wondered how we make chocolate? We will show how to do it at Finca Sampaka, a typical estate. “Palm trees in the snow the movie was filmed right here in Sampaka. They have been cultivating cocoa traditionally since 1906, and you will be one of the chosen ones to try its different varieties. If you like one, you can take it as a souvenir.
- Then we will visit the most beautiful and recent places in the city, such as the seafront and the Malabo National Park. In the park, you can admire a vast number of local trees, as well as works of art by Guinean authors—a well-kept treasure.
- The rest of the day off, we will leave you to explore the park on your own or learn the city’s secrets.
- After breakfast, we will take the plane to Bata in the mainland early in the morning. From there, we will drive by the famous Mbini Bridge until we reach Cabo San Juan. Once there, we will take a motorized boat to Corisco in a journey that lasts about two hours captained by a local with vast extensive experience in the journey.
- Once on the island, we will settle in “Magane Say” and begin the authentic adventure. We will visit the recently finished Church of Corisco and the ruins of the old Church built by settlers more than 200 years ago. We will pay our respects and learn the story of the last king of the benga tribute “Santiago Uganda (1906-1960)” visiting his tomb and entering the local structures to talk with people and get inspired by their customs.
- The next day, we will visit the most instagramable beach of Yaka, famous and most recognizable place of the island for its long beaches that when they converge form a tongue of sand that makes you feel like the king of the seas. This paradise is perfect for diving and fish watching that for sure will approach you in its crystalline waters.
- From here, we will be totally at your disposal to take you to more sites or perform the activities you want. resting, meditating, diving, walking, fishing… anything you can think of. In addition, as part of the vision of Rumbo Malabo, we will always take you with local people to improve the economy of the island. You will have the opportunity to help directly to the locals acquiring bracelets, pendants and more articles of jewelry 100% local made.
- After Breakfast, we will take our path back to Malabo. First the Boat to Cabo San Juan, then transport to Bata airport where we will take the plane to arrive Malabo at the afternoon.
- We will transfer you to the hotel and you will have the afternoon free to enjoy the beauty of Malabo.
- After breakfast, we take you to the most mystical and “haunted” place on Bioko Island, Lake Biao (Lake Moka), the cradle of Bubi people. What happens to an inactive volcano when it rains? It floods, offering us spectacular views of both fauna and virgin flora.
- After the walk, we will return to Malabo and let you rest the rest of the day; tomorrow, it promises to be busy.
- Do you want adventure? We will take you to Ureka. You will experience magnificent walks along virgin beaches with different rivers intercept. You will hear the sounds of the jungle and nature alongside the spawning of giant tortoises (depending on the dates).
- It is a beautiful walk, and after that, it’s time to enjoy a barbecue on the beach. It will be overnight in tents on the beach, and you can admire the stars. Enjoy because we will return the next day.
- Breakfast and sunrise on the beach, and after making a splash with the lights of the dawn, we cannot leave you here, and there we will start our way back to the city of Malabo.
- Once in town, last afternoon free to finish buying last-minute gifts before going home.
- We promise that the day will be hard, so we will reward you with the rest of the day off to rest.
- Do you want to feel and learn how the locals live? Today is shopping day. We will visit the largest market in the city named Semu Market, where you can find everything your heart may desire for yourself and your family.
- And here, the day does not end! We will also visit the central market, the oldest in the city. Through its narrow paths, you will know firsthand the local environment and, why not, take a piece of Equatorial Guinea to your homes.
- Unfortunately, we will say goodbye here. We are sure you will have enjoyed it as much as we have. We will take you to the Malabo International Airport, and we will do all the necessary procedures for you. And most importantly, we will be waiting for your return.
- 12 days
- Accommodation for 11 nights with breakfast included.
- Flight tickets from Malabo -Bata – Malabo
- Transfer from Cabo San Juan – Corisco – Cabo San Juan
- Local guided tour
- Transport during the whole time
- All permits and entrances to parks
- Full Board during the stay in Corisco.
What is NOT included?
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Any other item we did not mention earlier.