Beauty of Equatorial Guinea
The island of Bioko is the main island of Equatorial Guinea located north-west of the mainland. Malabo, located in the north, is the country’s capital and most important city.
With Rumbo Malabo, you will feel and live life firsthand in the region. In 10 days we will take you to know some of the most spectacular natural passages of the island as well as the most important areas of the continent, such as Monte Allen or the beaches of Bome.
And most importantly, we will make your trip a unique and personal experience.
Welcome to Malabo! Pick up from Malabo International Airport and Transfer to chosen accommodation.
- Quiet breakfast to gather strength, our first-day trip is to Luba, a coastal town south of the city of Malabo. We will take you to the beautiful bay where Count Arjelejos took possession of the island in the name of Spain in 1778.
- If you are Looking for hidden beaches? Here we have them; we will stop at Arena Blanca beach, the perfect meeting weekend spot for Malabo’s locals.
- We will also visit the largest waterfalls in the country with a drop of more than 200 meters! The famous Ilachi waterfalls.
- We will then return to Malabo and for free time to explore the city.
- Do you want to visit the highest point in the island? Then let us check out Basilé peak, three thousand meters above sea level. Today we will take you to the town; we will have a panoramic view of the city of Malabo and Mount Cameroon.
- Later, we shall relax in Sipopo City with a tranquil walk on the Horacio islet, enjoying; as a result haven of peace. Prepare your camera to snap the most exciting shots and become the envy of your friends.
- Once relaxed, we will return to the city of Malabo and enjoy a free restful afternoon.
- Have you ever wondered how we make the most delicious chocolate?
- Finca de Sampaka has been cultivating cocoa traditionally since 1906; we will try the various chocolate tablets created for different palates from the sweetest to the bitterest taste.
- The movie “Palmeras en la nieve” was partly filmed here in Finca Sampaka. If you like chocolate, you could take it as a souvenir.
- Next visit, will be the promenade! And then Malabo’s National Park will be next, where we will enjoy and a multitude of various local trees, and art from Guinean authors.
- The rest of the day off we will leave you to explore the park on your own or learn the secrets of the city.
- This is the wildest part, because we will take you to the continental region, right into the heart of Africa. On the first flight in the morning, you will depart for Bata with estimated arrival at 08:00 AM
- The driver will be waiting for the airport, and after a short break at the hotel, we will take you to Mbini where you can see the majestic Wele River.
- After Mbini we will head to the Muni Estuary Nature Reserve and visit the city of Kogo and the mouth of the Muni River. Spectacular place that shows the immensity of the mother nature.
In the following days we will repeat the same pattern. Very early departure to Evinayong where the Monte Allen National Park is located. Once arrived, we will contact the guides who will carry out different routes through the forest in search of Gorillas and other primates.
- I’m sure you’ve heard of the beaches of Bome, on this last day you’ll be able to enjoy it. A relaxing breakfast and take some sun before catching the flight back to the island.
- The rest of the afternoon will be free to rest and enjoy the city.
- After breakfast, we take you to the most mystical and “haunted” place on Bioko Island, Lake Biao (Lake Moka), the cradle of the Bubi people. What happens to an inactive volcano when it rains? It is flooded and offers us spectacular views of both the fauna and the virgin flora.
- After the walk, we will return to Malabo and let you rest the rest of the day; tomorrow it promises to be busy.
- Today is shopping day!
- Do you want to experience how the locals live? We will visit Semu Market, the largest in the city, where you can find everything, an excellent option for gift shopping for loved ones.
- Central market one of our stops today! , the oldest in the city. Through its narrow paths, you will know first-hand the local environment and why not, take a piece of Equatorial Guinea to your homes.
- We promise that the day will be hard, so we will reward you with the rest of the day off to rest.
Sadly we will say goodbye here. We are sure you will have enjoyed it as much as we have. We will take you to the airport, and we will do all the necessary procedures for you. And most importantly, we will be waiting for your return.
- 10 days
- Explore unspoilt and hidden beaches of Arena Blanca and Playa de los Franceses
- Enjoy the views of Pico Basilé
- Taste 100% national chocolate at Finca Sampaka
- Discover the history and secrets of the city of Malabo.
- Explore the beaches of Bome and its surroundings.
- Visit the cities of Mbini, Cogo and Bata among others.
- Trekking through the Monte Allen National Reserve.
What is included?
- Nine days of accommodation and breakfast included.
- Documentation is necessary to obtain the visa.
- Pick up and drop off at Malabo International Airport.
- All entrances to national parks
- Photographic and tourist permits.
What is NOT included?
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Everything not included earlier