The jewel of Bioko
The island of Bioko is the main island of Equatorial Guinea, located northwest of the continental region. Malabo, situated in the north, is the capital of the country and the most important city. If you like adventure, fauna, and flora, this should be your choice!
- Welcome to Malabo! We will be waiting for you at the Malabo International Airport, and we will transport you to your accommodation you have chosen. Depending on the time your flight arrives, we will have some surprises for you.
- The first-day trip is to Luba, a coastal town south of the city of Malabo. We will drive to the beautiful bay where Count Arjelejos took possession of the Island in the name of Spain in 1778.
- Are you looking for hidden beaches? Here we have them; we will make a stop at the Arena Blanca beach, a meeting place for the inhabitants of Malabo during the weekends to take a walk along the seashore.
- Great news! The visit does not end here. We will take you to the largest waterfalls in the country with a drop of more than 200 meters! The famous Ilachi waterfalls.
- Do you want to visit the highest point on the Island? Then let us check out Basilé peak, three thousand meters above sea level. Today we will take you to the town; we will have a panoramic view of the city of Malabo and Mount Cameroon.
- Later, we shall relax in Sipopo City with a tranquil walk on the Horacio islet, a haven of peace. Prepare your camera to snap the most exciting shots and become the envy of your friends.
- Once relaxed, we will return to the city of Malabo and enjoy a free restful afternoon.
- Have you ever wondered how we make the most delicious chocolate? Finca de Sampaka has been cultivating cocoa traditionally since 1906; we will try the various chocolate tablets created for different palates, from the sweetest to the bitterest taste.
- The movie “Palm trees in the snow” was partly filmed here in Finca Sampaka. If you like chocolate, you could take it as a souvenir.
- The next visit, will be to the seafront! And then Malabo’s National Park will be next, where we will enjoy and a multitude of various local trees and art from Guinean authors.
- The rest of the day off, we will leave you to explore the park on your own or learn the city’s secrets.
- After breakfast, we take you to the most mystical and “haunted” place on Bioko Island, Lake Biao (Lake Moka), the cradle of the Bubi people. What happens to an inactive volcano when it rains? It is flooded and offers us spectacular views of both the fauna and the virgin flora.
- After the walk, we will return to Malabo and let you rest the rest of the day; tomorrow, it promises to be busy.
- Today is shopping day! Do you want to experience how the locals live? We will visit Semu Market, the largest in the city, where you can find everything, an excellent option for gift shopping for loved ones.
- Central market one of our stops today! the oldest in the city. Through its narrow paths, you will know first-hand the local environment and, why not, take a piece of Equatorial Guinea to your homes.
- We promise that the day will be hard, so we will reward you with the rest of the day off to rest. And you will need it because tomorrow is a big day.
- Sadly, we have to say goodbye here. We are sure you will have enjoyed it as much as we have. We will take you to the airport, and we will do all the necessary procedures for you. And most importantly, we will be waiting for your return.
- 7 days
- Six nights’ accommodation with breakfast included in hotels.
- Documents necessary to obtain the visa.
- Pick up and drop off at Malabo International Airport.
- All entrances to national parks.
- Photographic and tourist permits.
- Transport from the hotel to the starting point of any tour.
What is NOT included?
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Any other amenities not mentioned before.